Kettlebell Kings Powder Coat Kettlebell Review – Hail to the King!
Back in 2012, three friends decided to take their passion for kettlebells to the next level by forming Kettlebell Kings. In the short time since then, the company has taken the kettlebell world by storm. Not only do they offer premium-built kettlebells to their customers, but they also sponsor major kettlebell events. By supporting amateurs, professionals, and enthusiasts, their presence among the kettlebell community stretches across the globe.
Although the kettlebells offered are usually on the more expensive side compared with lesser-known brands, business is still doing extremely well. One reason for this is due to their customer support. You’d be hard-pressed to find a legitimate negative review on the brand. If there is, typically a Kettlebell Kings representative will respond looking for more information on why the customer is unhappy.
The few negative reviews found on the Kettlebell Kings website, either stems from a supposed damaged product or a stocking issue. Since they offer a lifetime warranty, any kettlebell damaged in transit or defective will be replaced free of charge. That’s made clear on the website, both in the product description and in responding feedback. From my experience, the company has also been forthcoming about supply and demand via their blog posts. I’m sure customer service representatives will say as much too.
Now if you’re reading THIS review, you’re probably wondering what advantages this powder coat kettlebell has over your basic kettlebell. For that reason, I’ll detail the differences between it and my previous kettlebell.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - We guarantee the structural integrity of the kettlebell for your lifetime. SMOOTH FINISH, Pay close attention to the finish when comparing to images of others. Kettlebell Kings Powder Coat Kettlebells have a smoother finish because our casting process creates a smoother surface to powder coat over. Having a smooth finish protects your hands, wrists and forearms. RECESSED LOGO - all of our bells have recessed logos for better comfort on your hands wrist and forearm
- FREE WORKOUTS, we publish workouts, techniques and how to's you can access with your purchase designed to enhance your workout experience! REVIEWS - Over 100 Five Star Amazon Seller Reviews and thousands 5 Star Reviews Online!
- STRONG GRIP HANDLES - The handles on the powder coat kettlebells are designed for high intensity workouts. The powder coating makes it easier to maintain a strong grip on the kettlebell when your hands are sweating.
- POWDER COATING - The most durable form of kettlebell coating available in the world. Powder coating protects the kettlebell from easily chipping and scratching. Store bought kettlebells are chipped and scratched before you ever take one home. When a kettlebell loses its paint you are not able to maintain grip during workouts and chips can lead to cut up hands and injuries. Our powder coating prevents this from ever happening.
- PRECISION MADE - Kettlebell Kings are made from gravity casting which is the most precise way to create a kettlebell. If a kettlebell is not gravity cast you risk not accurately casting the kettlebell to the same weight and dimensions every time. As molds age the kettlebells will become imprecise if the kettlebell is not gravity cast. Our Powder Coat kettlebells are all made from a single piece of cast iron. Most kettlebells have the handles welded on which makes them break easier
Powder Coated Kettlebell vs. Traditional Cast Iron Kettlebell
On the left side of the picture is my new 35 lb. Kettlebell Kings powder coated kettlebell. The right side shows the 25 lb. basic cast-iron kettlebell I had been using for months prior. They’re both made of cast iron, however, it’s very clear what the powder coating does to make a smooth finish.
While my old kettlebell doesn’t have any sort of branding, the Kettlebell Kings kettlebell has the logo recessed. I find it to be pretty slick and it doesn’t impact functionality what-so-ever. You’ll also notice the yellow bands which indicate the size weight it is. So if you’re using several of these kettlebells, you can quickly identify and swap out to your desired weight.
Comparing the backside
Both of these kettlebells have their weight displayed in pounds. I’m pretty sure Kettlebell Kings have options for pounds, kilograms, and those two units of measurements combined. Make sure you read the description to ensure you’re getting the one you want. For gym owners, it might be worth it to get the combination weight so that your clients can benefit no matter what their preference is.
If you look at the basic kettlebell, specifically at the top half of the indented circle, you’ll see a brownish strip indicating wear. It’s not a cause for major concern but rather shows how the lack of a powder coat can result in chipping or flaking. Even though I’ve been using the Kettlebell Kings kettlebell for a much shorter time, I have no doubt that it will last for years without any cosmetic differences.
Comparing the topside
The smoother handle of the powder coated kettlebell on the left side should result in fewer blisters or callouses for kettlebell newcomers. As someone who uses kettlebell gloves, I’ve noticed a difference between the two kettlebells even with hand protection.
The glossy seam you see running across the handle of the basic kettlebell isn’t visible in the Kettlebell Kings kettlebell due to its finish. This might slightly affect grip and the performance of such exercises like the clean or snatch. It’s something I wouldn’t have noticed or paid attention to before getting my new kettlebell.
Powder Coated Kettlebell is an Investment Worth Your Money
From my own experience, using such a high-quality product like this powder coated kettlebell fills me with pride. I realize a lot of people could care less about what it looks like. Of course, it needs to function better and stand the test of time. Due to its smooth finish, this kettlebell tackles both those issues.
If you’re serious about kettlebells and want to work out with different sizes, you’ll want a way to distinguish them from one another quickly. Some kettlebells have a vinyl coating which is color-coded. This might be good in the beginning but could potentially crack. The color-banding system used by kettlebell kings isn’t unique but does make switching easy.
For those of you who like to showcase workouts on Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media sites, Kettlebell Kings is very active with their customer base. This means that when you share these workouts, Kettlebell Kings will most likely tag or even repost it. It’s a great way for further exposure of yourself or brand.