The general consensus of kettlebell experts seems to agree that the average man should use a 35lb kettlebell as an introductory size. Just Google what size kettlebell and you’ll see most results suggest this size. For folks familiar with the metric system, a 35 lb kettlebell equates to a 16 kg kettlebell.
One thing to consider is the term average man. We take that to mean that this person may not be ripped or even physically fit, but also not obese or living a generally sedentary lifestyle. If you fall into the latter category you may want to choose a lighter kettlebell or purchase a kettlebell set.
Now that we’ve covered expectations for choosing the right size kettlebell, it’s time to review our picks for the best entry, mid, and premium level 35lb kettlebell. Each one has received excellent reviews and despite their price difference, provides at least an adequate level of quality.
This entry-level 35lb kettlebell is a great option for people who are new to kettlebells looking for a solid and affordable option. If you’re looking for a no-frills option, this will get the job done. It’s made of cast iron and is backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
Aesthetically, this kettlebell has a black color with a slight gloss to it. The weight 35 LB is etched into the side which makes it easy to distinguish should you want to pair it with another size from this brand. It’s certainly durable enough to use over many workouts without corrosion or wear.
Over 100 reviews on Amazon rate this kettlebell at an average of 4.5 stars. Many people rave about the excellent value it provides compared to other name-brand kettlebells. It’s not uncommon to find similar quality kettlebells priced almost twice as much for the same size!
AmazonBasics 35 lb Kettlebell Features:
- Solid Cast Iron – Made from high-quality material that is built to last. Work out safely and comfortably.
- Painted Surface – The painted exterior offers protection against corrosion and a better grip.
- Wide Handle – The textured handle provides a superior grip for both one-handed and two-handed exercises.
What People Are Asking:
Some customers have asked these questions about this product
Does the brand name “Amazon Basics” appear on the kettlebell?
General consensus: No it doesn’t. Only the weight is labeled on the kettlebell.
Is the bottom of the kettlebell flat?
General consensus: Yes, the bottom is flat and makes the kettlebell stable on the floor.
- Kettlebell supports a wide range of resistance-training exercises
- Made of solid high-quality cast iron for reliable built-to-last strength
- Painted surface for increased durability and corrosion protection
- Textured wide handle helps ensure a comfortable, secure grip; hold with one hand or two
- Weighs 35 pounds; backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty
For a mid-level 35lb kettlebell, this one gives off a professional yet elegant look. The most apparent difference from other kettlebells is perhaps the chrome handle. This smooth handle doesn’t compromise on grip but it does feel great on your palms and fingers. Some people have commented on how kettlebell cleans and snatches are easy on the hands due to the smoothness.
The bell portion of this 35lb kettlebell is also made of cast iron. However, it has been coated with rubber for excellent protection and durability. Wood and tile floors also benefit from this rubber exterior as it limits the potential damage done by scraping.
At the base of the handle is the stylish brand logo beneath the weight (in pounds). Perhaps realizing that a 35 pound kettlebell is one of the most common sizes, CAP chose to appeal to a wide audience with a black color exterior. Other sizes in this product line are of various other vibrant colors.
CAP 35 Pound Kettlebell Features:
- Chrome Handle – Flip this kettlebell with ease and reduce the potential for callouses and scratches on your palms.
- Rubber Coated Exterior – Encasing the cast-iron core in rubber not only helps to increase the lifespan of the kettlebell, it also makes it great to rest and use on many different surfaces.
- Flat bottom – Kettlebells with a flat bottom can be effectively used for certain floor exercises such as renegade rows.
What People Are Saying:
Some customers have expressed these feelings about the product
In regards to the rubber coated exterior
Cutomer feedback: Confident that it will protect wooden floors when placed down on them.
In regards to the smooth handle
Cutomer feedback: Better than standard kettlebell handles. Makes kettlebell cleans and snatches more fluid.
- VERSATILE – Kettlebells offer the ability to target specific muscle group exercises or a full body workout.
- CONSTRUCTION – Made of solid high-quality cast iron and a solid steel chromed handle coated in a D durometer shore rubber providing exceptional protection and durability.
- FEATURES – Generous wide opening handle ensures a comfortable, secure grip with one hand or two. The flat bottom allows for easy, safe storage and the ability to be used in specific flat bottom kettlebell exercises such as renegade rows and handstands.
- FUNCTIONAL – Perfect for swings, deadlifts, squats, get-ups, snatches and other athletic or cross training workouts.
- CHOICES – This kettlebell group from CAP is available in sizes from 5 lb. to 35 lb. in 5 lb. increments.
We’ll just come out and say it. Kettlebell Kings IS the premier brand for kettlebells. The quality and presentation of each kettlebell lives up to the brand namesake. Like the rest of their lineup, the 35lb kettlebell has the smoothest finish we have ever seen.
The production of every kettlebell begins with precise gravity casting. This sets the standard for providing accurate weight and dimensions of each single-cast iron core. This core is then powder coated for the ultimate in protection, durability, and performance.
Kettlebell Kings is so confident in their product that they offer a lifetime warranty. So while they might be slightly higher priced, the quality is unmatched!
As far as design goes, an attractive recessed logo adorns the front-side of the kettlebell. On the back, the marking of 16 KG is displayed above the imperial unit counterpart of 35 LB. This is an especially great feature for gyms with members who prefer one system over the other.
For quick identification, the yellow bands on each end of the handle signify which size weight is being used. For kettlebell workouts that use multiple size kettlebells, this feature allows for quick swapping without missing a beat.
Kettlebell Kings 35 Lb Kettlebell Features:
- Lifetime Warranty – The structural integrity of the kettlebell is guaranteed by the manufacturer.
- Powder Coating – Drastically reduces chances for chipping and scratching. This also translates to better gripping!
- Precision Made – Made from a single piece of cast-iron. The gravity cast production ensures accurate weight and dimensions.
What People Are Asking:
Some customers have asked these questions about this product
What guarantee is there for the accuracy of the weight?
Customer feedback: Kettlebell Kings guarantees accuracy to be within 0.3 kilograms.
What’s the circumference of the handle?
Manufacturer’s response: On the 16 KG it is 33mm handle.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - We guarantee the structural integrity of the kettlebell for your lifetime. SMOOTH FINISH, Pay close attention to the finish when comparing to images of others. Kettlebell Kings Powder Coat Kettlebells have a smoother finish because our casting process creates a smoother surface to powder coat over. Having a smooth finish protects your hands, wrists and forearms. RECESSED LOGO - all of our bells have recessed logos for better comfort on your hands wrist and forearm
- FREE WORKOUTS, we publish workouts, techniques and how to's you can access with your purchase designed to enhance your workout experience! REVIEWS - Over 100 Five Star Amazon Seller Reviews and thousands 5 Star Reviews Online!
- STRONG GRIP HANDLES - The handles on the powder coat kettlebells are designed for high intensity workouts. The powder coating makes it easier to maintain a strong grip on the kettlebell when your hands are sweating.
- POWDER COATING - The most durable form of kettlebell coating available in the world. Powder coating protects the kettlebell from easily chipping and scratching. Store bought kettlebells are chipped and scratched before you ever take one home. When a kettlebell loses its paint you are not able to maintain grip during workouts and chips can lead to cut up hands and injuries. Our powder coating prevents this from ever happening.
- PRECISION MADE - Kettlebell Kings are made from gravity casting which is the most precise way to create a kettlebell. If a kettlebell is not gravity cast you risk not accurately casting the kettlebell to the same weight and dimensions every time. As molds age the kettlebells will become imprecise if the kettlebell is not gravity cast. Our Powder Coat kettlebells are all made from a single piece of cast iron. Most kettlebells have the handles welded on which makes them break easier
35 Lb Kettlebell Roundup
How serious and invested will you be with your kettlebell workouts? That is the real question. Each grade of 35 lb kettlebell is sufficient enough for many workouts. However, your budget and comfort should also take priority in deciding which one to choose.
If you can swing it (no pun intended), the Kettlebell Kings 35 lb kettlebell will give you great workouts over a lifetime. The difference in price between that and the AmazonBasics is not substantial. Although, if you’re not fully convinced about the benefits of kettlebells, going the least expensive option isn’t unwise.
The CAP 35 lb kettlebell has something the other two does not, a chrome handle. Several people have left positive reviews on this feature alone. Unless you’re planning to get some kettlebell gloves this might be the obvious choice for tender palms and hands.
A kettlebell fit for a king
I ordered a kettlebell kings 35 pounder a few weeks ago. I’m very impressed with how it handles and all my gym buddies are constantly asking questions about it. Can’t recommend it enough!