Muscle and Motion created a short video showing of a skeletal frame with muscles performing the kettlebell swing. If you’ve ever wondered what is happening inside your body as you perform kettlebell exercises, this video details the effects on your muscles and body. It also illustrates the proper technique of the swing, specifically the importance of keeping your back straight throughout the entire movement.
The word ultimate gets thrown around a lot when used in conjunction with kettlebells. Many trainers claim to have developed the best kettlebell workout. While many of these workouts are effective at building muscle or burning fat, which one reigns supreme is a matter of opinion. Well, until now!
Coach Mike Daley of Newell Strength offers several points of advice on the correct way to perform the kettlebell swing. For the sake of clarity, any time the term kettlebell swing is generalized, it’s typically referring to the Russian style. While we also recognize the benefits of the American swing, there can be no dispute over the fact that the Russian swing reigns king.
- A Closer Look at the Muscle Groups Used in the Kettlebell Swing
- 3 Kettlebell Workouts Combined Into One Super Workout
- Dissecting the kettlebell swing – performing the proper technique
- Jordan Tyjeski Wins 3 Gold Medals in Kettlebell Sport World Championship
- Slow and steady full-body 5-exercise kettlebell workout